WalkArlington Walk Friendly Community Walkabout Nomination Overview
Who may apply?
Any Arlington resident, Civic Association, Business Improvement District, retail partner/business, residential property, or other Arlington- based entity representing a neighborhood that has NOT already been featured in a Walkabout.
How do we apply?
Complete the official WalkArlington Walk Friendly Community Walkabout Nomination Form on-line.
What is the deadline for submission of Walkabout nominations?
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12 midnight
What will the featured Walkabout neighborhood receive?
WalkArlington will provide the featured Walkabout neighborhood with an array of resources and support, including:
- Development of a Walkabout map in English and Spanish
- Printing of color Walkabout maps for neighborhood and event-related distribution
- Promotion of the neighborhood Walkabout as WalkArlington’s inaugural “Walk Friendly Community Walkabout”
- Inclusion of the neighborhood’s Walkabout map on the WalkArlington website in English and Spanish
- Inclusion of neighborhood Walkabout map in the next WalkArlington Walkabouts brochure, which is distributed around the County
- Publicity around the Walkabout and event, via WalkArlington, Car-Free Diet, and CommuterPage websites, Arlington County partner websites and media, and local social, online, print, and broadcast media channels
- Promotional and logistical support for Walkabout event
- Opportunity for input at every step of Walkabout development and execution
- A WalkArlington Walk Friendly Community Walkabout Tool Kit full of promotional materials and give-aways for participants
- A WalkArlington Walk Friendly Community Walkabout gift bag for the nomination contact person
What if I have more questions?
Contact email@example.com, subject line: Walkabout Nomination