Welcome to the Challenge
Congrats! You’ve taken the first step towards a commitment to a healthier you by deciding to join us on this eight-week walking experience. Here is what you can expect over the next eight weeks:
- The challenge begins on Monday, October 19. Walk 30 minutes that day and every day for the next eight weeks.
- Complete a brief survey, before Monday, to tell us a little bit about yourself and your walking habits to be entered into a drawing for a Fitbit Charge 4, a state-of-the-art fitness tracker.
- Weekly Communications: Every Monday we’ll send an email with resources, tools, and content to keep you motivated throughout your journey.
- Inspiration: You’ll hear from people in Arlington about how they implement walking into their daily lives.
- Connections: You’ll have access to our private Facebook group where you’ll be able to engage with us and other participants in the challenge.
- Accountability: If you’ve opted-in to the Accountability Buddy Program, you’ll receive a text or call each week to encourage you to keep going.
- Recognition: A special award and recognition ceremony at the completion of the program.
To keep track of your progress throughout the challenge, download the walking tools that we’ve created. Set your intentions by writing down what you hope to accomplish over the next eight weeks with the Personal Walking Plan. Download the Walking Tracker to help you to meet your goals and track your progress throughout the challenge. Also, join the private Facebook group to connect with us and other program participants, in addition to receiving daily motivation and tips throughout the challenge.
TAKE THE SURVEY
Complete a brief survey to tell us a little bit about yourself and your current walking habits (available in English and Spanish). You’ll also be asked to complete another survey at the end of the program. Your responses will help measure the effectiveness of the program and inform any changes WalkArlington makes to future walking challenges.
By completing the survey at the beginning of the challenge and at the end of the challenge, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a Fitbit Charge 4, a state-of-the-art fitness tracker to help you stay motivated after the challenge ends.