Join a Walking Group and Never Walk Alone Again
Move those feet and go on a group walk.
Meet new walking buddies and never walk alone again. In addition to WalkArlington events and walking tours, there are regular groups to join and meet ups that happen in Arlington. Whether you’re looking to socialize with folks in your neighborhood or explore nature in northern Virginia, there are walks for varying interests, ages, and abilities.
I Want to Explore and Learn
- Arlington County Parks & Recreation offers wildlife walks, adaptive family hikes, and so much more.
- Walk DC City Meet Ups are volunteer-led walks to parks and museums.
- Center Hiking Club hosts weekday and weekend hikes.
I Want to Meet New People and Find My Community
- Women’s Weekday Walkers of Alexandria meet up happens three times and each walk explores different parks and neighborhoods.
- Arlington Walkers (Shirlington, W&OD Trail) is the perfect meet up for anyone that likes to walk in small groups and explore the W&OD trail.
- US Freedom Walk Festival Club promotes walking as a fitness activity and to promote international understanding and friendships.
- 2Unstoppable helps women with a cancer diagnosis get moving and stay strong.
I Want to Get Fit or Stay Fit
- “Walk-Fit” Mall Walking Program, organized by Virginia Hospital Center, is a mall walk held every Tuesday and Thursday at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City.
- Fit4Mom Stroller Strides Classes, hosted by Fit4Mom Studio, is an ideal workout for moms and babies to do together.
- Arlington County Parks & Recreation’s 55+ Walking Clubs offer friendly walking competition both indoors and out, all year round.
Walking groups and meet ups are a great way to meet new people and try something new. If you’d prefer to create your own walk with your neighbors or coworkers, choose from 25 self-guided walking tours to get started.
This post was updated on October 21, 2019.